We built a thing!

“I could do that. Building a deck is easy,” he said. After hearing that, there was no way I was going to let mum spend upwards of $20k to finally finish her house.

Lessons from 1936

When I started at Internal Affairs, I quickly realised something key. Approximately 10% of my job was using the specialist academic skills I'd learned at university... while the other 90% of my job was working with people.